Monday, November 2, 2015

Ugh! It's Monday and the Tomfoolery Had To End. (Boo on Daylight Savings Time)

Leo as "The Beast" / Pam as "I'm a Cake. I'm
a Cake"
It was a weekend of fun, festivity, costumes, and play. That is the benefit of having Halloween on a Saturday night - everyone seems to have a little time in their schedule to allow joy in their lives. As a result, before the clocks were turned back an hour, Mt. Pleasant was the epicenter for frolicking, singing, and dancing. As kids came to the door, they were greeted by beasts, cakes, bombers, Paul Bunyan, and insurance agents.

Then we gained an hour of sleep and lost all the spunk and funk of the holiday. The result? Sunday. And Sunday was spent catching up on all the work that didn't get done on a Saturday of super-play: writing, laundry, printing, copying, planning, organizing, cleaning, running, walking, and football.

And now it's Monday (insert a Garfield cartoon here). Last night, the sun was down by 5 and the thickness (read sadness) of the months to come without extra hours to be outside has fallen upon us.

If I was bad, I could eat all the leftover candy and get a sugar-high to make it through the week, but I've kept that dial turned off and will share it with teachers on Tuesday during daylong professional development (maybe I will sing "Be Our Guest" as I hand it out, channeling Leo's costume and Pam's dancing).

Here's to the week. Temperatures are promising to be abnormally unseasonable, so if I can get outdoors before 5 p.m., I'll still be able to get my Sauconys to the pavement. But, ugh! It really is Monday again.

No comments:

Post a Comment