Thursday, November 19, 2015

Floating With the Serenity of #NWPAM15 in Minneapolis. Checked In And Read For a Thursday of Writing Friendships

If I wasn't so exhausted, I would have enjoyed my travels a lot better, but even so, I did take in some of the calm and smooth skyline above the clouds as I left Syracuse, New York, on my way to Minnesota.

The day began an hour later than it should have because of delayed flights, but everything caught up with itself and even if I lost my hair product at airport security, the Hilton is conveniently located by a Targets, so I picked up a travel tube rather quickly.

Today begins the 8 presentation marathon and I'm more than thrilled to have CWP-Fairfield fellows with me for NCTE and NWP. I'm looking forward to presenting our research and are work with like-minded folks from across the nation.

It also helps that there's a liquor store around the corner so I needn't host a terrible tab when socializing out on the town. Shoot. We can have everyone in our room if need be.

So begins a day of competitive coffee, lines, and the drive to get caffeinated in conference land. I managed to get bananas and pop tarts in case the morning begins later than expected. I've been to many conferences, but not one has had the amenity of a local Targets. I can't go wrong with that.

And so I'm off. Here's to a fantastic day of presenting!

Throwback Thursday? Hmmm. I've been working with the National Writing Product for almost 14 years. It's the greatest thing that has ever happened to me as an educator. I know my colleagues feel the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment