Friday, November 6, 2015

Lucky Find On My Run Today. One Washing Machine Later and I Have a New Hat (Also, Syracuse Grads Unite)

There's nothing better than stumbling upon a blue fuzzy hat lying in the middle of the road while running the streets of your neighborhood! That's what happened to me yesterday after I spent the day editing POW!, writing, organizing data, and thinking ahead to a night of grilling cheeseburgers.

It also occurred to me that Syracuse will play St. John's at Madison Square Garden in December and that's just a train ride away. At the same time I had that thought, I remembered that Molly Zarookian, a student of mine in Syracuse and also a participant in the Connecticut Writing Project, introduced me to DaJuan Coleman when she student taught him at Jamesville-Dewitt High School. He was a freshman then. Yesterday, Boeheim announced Coleman will not have time limitations to his game-play this year (his injuries appear to have subsided for the season). I thought, "Hmmm, I bet Molly would want to go the game, too."

So, I sent her a text with my hat on and, lo and behold, she responded with a video made when rehearsing for a special dance that honors her Mother's birthday. She participated in a Flash Mob. I can't help but post her video here. I enjoy finding like-minded people (especially ones I've taught and collaborated with). I think we both should go to the game in costume and cheer the Orange on. Go Cuse!



No comments:

Post a Comment