Monday, November 23, 2015

Goodbye #NCTE15. Goodbye #NWPAM15. Goodbye Minneapolis. I Am Leaving On a Jet Plane. Don't Know...

I took one more photo from my hotel window at sunset before I began to settle into my return to Syracuse and then my drive back to Connecticut on Tuesday. I have to say that Minneapolis is a beautiful city and, very clean, is a place that everyone should try to visit once. I was thrilled to see that their was a Vikings game while I was here (although they lost), but more importantly that the city was prepared for the onslaught of English teachers.

They welcomed everyone with open arms.

I have many highlights from the trip but I am most thrilled that I was able to bring so many Connecticut teachers with me to present. I loved the reunions, had a blast doing the presentations, and felt great meeting new friends and old ones.

Now it is time to get back into the hustle and bustle of every day life (where I can do my 5Ks everyday and not eat out so much). I will miss the camaraderie and new learning, the excitement of passionate like-minded individuals, and the dreams and visions that we share.

I am also looking forward to reading a pre-sale copy of Kwame Alexander's Booked that he handed me before he went up to his room to take a nap. November sniffles have both of us wary of what our health will bring tomorrow.

It was a fabulous time and I appreciate of all who shared such kindness with me. The National Writing Project and NCTE people are the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment