Thursday, August 6, 2015

This Post Is Not About @LBility, But It Is Close. A Reflection on Natural Gas and a Focus Group

When the opportunity to make cash arises, a smart man goes...especially when reflecting on grocery bills over the last month and preparing the Crandall special regularly. When CT Gas calls and says you've been selected to participate in a focus group on natural gas you scratch your head and say, "Okay," and then they tell you they will pay your for your 1.5 hour participation. Bonus.

Then you begin to think about Ramadan and the past month realizing that the Bility gas over the summer was at a minimal - it year's past it was much, much worse. Not sure what the difference has been this year. The gas has been prevalent but the toxic gas only occurred on one or two occasions. He says it was because of Ramadan and his inability to snack, but he's been snacking since the 17th and we've had few incidents.

This brings me back to why I'm probably not a good person to participate in a focus group: (1) Although I have a Ph.D. I'm not very intelligent in the sciences or economics, (2) the idea of discussing natural gas for 1.5 hours cracks me up, (3) my ADHD will act up, and (4) I can scratch the previous three because they're paying me and I'll be able to endure.

And I'm hoping this is not a spark for the Ghost to reappear with lethal toxicity. Rather, it's an opportunity to be funded partially for our final days together this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment