Saturday, August 8, 2015

And It Is A Saturday. Yesterday, I Left The Last Day of Literacy Labs and Got To See Emily Perform in Bethlehem.

Pilobuls hosted its 3rd week performance of dance work in Bethlehem, Connecticut yesterday and Glamus and I took a road trip to see what they had to show. A 6 month puppy on a leash outside a gymnasium of dancers performing to strange music was not an ideal situation - I'm glad we never entered the gym (and that I found a lacrosse ball). That partially appeased the dog (who also was walked three times today, rant sprints around the yard, played with sticks, and still didn't tire out).

Today, she embarks on a train trip to Nebraska to see her boyfriend and with her goes the sunshine that is her entire being. It also means an end to summer visitors, as Abu and Lossine made it safely to Syracuse yesterday afternoon (no, the television was not turned on once today).

I am sure this Saturday's silence will be alarming. Already it is quiet without twins.

Ah, but the summer's National Writing Project work is completed and I'm ready for R&R....rest and reflection. The temperatures are great (Kentucky September weather) and I think the first thing I will do is read a book. That is, if Glamus allows me, to ; ).

Finally, the 6-Word Memoir titles to sum up the college essay and narrative lab.




No comments:

Post a Comment