Tuesday, August 25, 2015

And We Earned Our Own Pillows Last Night. We Deserve to Start This Tuesday Fresh and Renewed.

The first thing Glamus did last night after we entered the house from Long Island is run to her cage and collapse. It was as if she was saying, "Ah, my bed. Home at last!"

Of course, her bed went with us to Syracuse and Amagansett (just not her cage). She showed her sea legs again yesterday, too...loving the attention she received, mesmerized by the blue waters and sky, and thrilled to inhale the salty air. She also spent much of the time lying in my lap, too. We made good time home.

And I had to join her.

I had some hummus and Stacey chips, but quickly said to myself, I'm not going to make it very long. I was fried from the benefit, the two road trips, packing and unpacking and repacking, the driving, and being apart from my own bed. I was ready to be back home.

With that said, I'm also ready to begin carving what I'm supposed to do with the unstructured, yet necessary sabbatical ahead. I'm running Trumbull K-5 PD this fall and I need to get ready for the Kentucky Writing Project. In the in-between spaces, I need to organize, write, polish, and submit. There's so many things I have to share and say.

Meanwhile, the washing machine spins and spins and spins.

Good to return with safety. That matters most.

No comments:

Post a Comment