Friday, August 7, 2015

And So It Comes To This...August 7th, the Last Day of Summer Work, and a Goodbye to @abubility and @lbility

The twins found a good price ticket on Greyhound to depart to Syracuse yesterday and with a soccer game on the radar this weekend and internships at Brockport on the horizon, it is understanding that they have to leave.

Sad, however, is that after 3 p.m. tomorrow I will finally have an opportunity to breathe after 5 years with no breaks. I wish they were able to stick around so we could go on an adventure. I am ready for breathing room (like the hint we got at Knapp's Landing last night and following Pam to a karaoke machine).

It can't be seen here, but the sunset was an amazing salmon pink with a hue of purple. We tried to pose and capture the moment. This summer hasn't been as luxurious and lucky as previous summers, but I'll take the words of Lossine here and repeat, "No, man. Working with the writing labs and Ubuntu academy was a once in a lifetime experience."

Family. It's been 8 years since stepping foot in Nottingham High School and being introduced to Abu and Lossine. All these years later, who would have ever thought that this is where we'd be right now. The one thing that is absolutely for sure - their mother deserves a ticker-tape parade, a million roses, a home, and a Presidential medal of honor. She did an absolute phenomenal job raising these two young men and they are, without a doubt, the essence of
UBUNTU.
I could not be the man I am today without them. They have guided and helped me in more ways than can be expressed in a blog post. Every time they depart, it gets harder. Education. Education. Education. Glamus will miss them, too.

I've never been good at good-byes, and so I write this to say, "What's next?"

We're ready. I fasted. I cooked. I blew up my wallet. I laughed. I sprayed air fresheners to cover up Lossine's bathroom visits, and I persevered during a trying summer of change, transitions, challenges, and hope. As always, these two made it that much easier.

Elephant Shoe. What else we gonna do? (Arby's?). What are those?

No comments:

Post a Comment