Monday, August 24, 2015

My First (and most likely last) Bob Hope Sketch for a Hoops4Hope Africa Benefit Silent Auction Item

With over 90 items in this year's Hoops4Hope benefit in East Hampton, there was bound to be holes in our silent auction programming. Indeed there was, including he fact that we never got an image of Bob Hope for the donated tickets for a Bob Hope memorial event in NYC. The request was placed on me to draw Bob Hope freehand and I said, "I'll give it a try," which I did - pictured here.

Yes, Bob has a Star-Bellied Sneetch nose, but I was close.

Mark's benefit was a tremendous event with 100s of people and most of this year's items sold. There was a wide variety of items to bid on including sneakers, concerts, subscriptions to theaters, art work, jewelry and several health spa items.

I'm proud to say that the two donations I put in this year: a collection of refugee YA novels and some technology for blogging/podcasting made Mark $150. Woot Woot for that.

The day began at 8:30 a.m. and didn't end until 11 p.m. In the thick of it all, too, I lost my laptop and couldn't remember where it was. I retraced my steps and it was nowhere to be found. Lucky for me it just turned up in the East Hampton Sports Camp office where we printed out all the auction sheets yesterday afternoon.

Meanwhile, on Hedges Lane, Wyatt and Glamis played their hearts out. They are like fighting polar bears. This morning, though, they are zonked out, both of them spread eagle by my feet. The humidity is high and I am heading out the door for a beach run and, perhaps, a jump in the ocean.

Another successful Mark Crandall event, indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment