Tuesday, August 18, 2015

And Some Kind Of Semblance of Relaxation - Summer, Finally, in the Middle of August in CNY

I'm at the homefront, and preparing for the SUNY Oswego Writing Conference for CNY teachers and I have to say, I see why there is SUN in SUNY. It is hot. Ah, but after a five hour trek we made it safely to the backyard of Sue and Butch: steak, a pool, family, watermelon and a fenced in backyard.

Glamus is adapting quite well and doing great with the neighborhood hooches and all the fur, licking, growling, playing, and chasing that goes with the territory.

Butch has us out on a romp around the neighborhood to meet people I know and people I've don't quite remember, but unfortunately no one was home. So, we ended up at Chubby's for a couple games of pool and a few Labatt's Blues - a CNY tradition.

Ah, but the pool. You can't deny the luxury of cold water and the refreshing nature of water after a hot run. Best? The first somersault of the season, albeit it much later than anticipated.

But today I travel to Lake Ontario, a space I haven't been in years (at least since Pete and I visited Elaine when she attended and Casey went as an undergraduate). It feels good to be back, although it will only be a short trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment