Wednesday, August 5, 2015

In My Next Life I May End Up Being a Breeder of Great Danes (he says while thinking economically)


Cute factor at its maximum. Yesterday, the twins and I picked up Glamus from her big "O" (she's droopy and very tired...not her sprinting, bouncing, enthusiastic self) and while there, a man was picking up his 14 puppies. Yes, there were 14 of them getting their early shots. That is one gigantic vet bill and the poor mother. 14.

But they were adorable. 50% of them were white with black markings and the other 50% were a light gray with black markings. They may be the most precious puppies I've ever seen and when we asked if they were for sale, they were. They get anywhere between $1,500 - $2,000 a dog.
Wowsa!

I can see why, though, especially if you turned around and bred your dogs to make more adorable creatures. That's a bit of a supplemental income. Of course, it would also be a fortune to visit the vet.

Ah, but poor Glamus. The whole drive home Abu and Lossine were putting words in her mouth, "Oh, you did this to me. You. I will never forgive you for this."

And I began to think I may have behaved the same when I had Henry taken care of earlier this year. When I came out of anesthesia, I'm pretty certain I was as dopey as she is.

Yes, we also have the cone of shame, but it only needs to be put on her when we leave her alone for long periods of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment