Saturday, August 15, 2015

And Now She's Snoring: Glamus, A Finished Fence, Four Walks, a Lot of Fetch, and I Need a Nap.

Eight foot posts and 7 foot sections. It's all good. With innovation, a screw gun, the movement of several Connecticut rocks, and a lot of patience, the back fence is now up. Of course, when I finished the last section and did a jump of joy, I looked over to the other side and guess who was there? Yup! Glamus. There was one section behind a bush that wasn't secure and I'm guessing (hoping) that is where she got out. I have that fixed now. I had to run out front, run around the block, and then enter the lawn where she was eating pancakes with the old guy who feeds his squirrels breakfast.

The dog was up at 7 a.m. for a walk. Tunga got up at 8:30 for another walk. I took her for a walk by the ocean at 2. Then I took her for a long hike before bed. She comes home after that (and a full day of fetch) and gets a puppy burst of energy where she pulled out every toy she could find and ran from one end of the house to the other.

It wasn't until I pulled out my laptop to write that she finally settled down. She leaped onto the couch and lay across my shoulders. Then she curled up in a fetal position and placed her snout onto my keyboard. That's when the zzzz's finally came.

This morning, however, she gets her stitches out and will be freed to play and jump and leap and sprint and gallop and attack. Nope, it hasn't stopped her from any of that since the surgery, but now she has permission.

I'm just hoping this fence thing works. She'll still get several walks a day, but she needs a location to simply chill out while I'm trying to get other things done.

And breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment