Monday, August 17, 2015

Salts to a Sunday Wound: Heat, Humidity, Exhaustion, Work, and Drive (Meanwhile They Play in CNY)

We can add to Glamus's list of things she despises: swing sets, vacuums, carrots, and the lawn mower. The dog has also decided it is an absolute riot to shove every one of her toys under the couch just out of reach so she can wine and cry until I get them for her.

What happens when I come to her rescue? She bats them right underneath again.

Ah, but that is not my Monday post. My Monday post is to feel the barbaric punch of my family as they rubbed it in that they had a good ol' Amalfi Drive family day in the blue, blue pool. It looks like they were playing games, having races, and staying totally cool. Meanwhile, I was mowing the lawn, securing the fence, working in my office, weeding, and packing.

Chitunga has to work late and tomorrow he wants to get his books for the semester; soon after, we depart for a mini-break (actually, I'm presenting at SUNY Oswego at a conference). I could have used the pool yesterday, though. It was hot and the pavement was cooking.

I'm just glad they stayed cool and had a good day feeling the relief from the backyard. It looks like there won't be much relief from the heat this week, so chances are I'll be able to get a dip or two in.
The goal is for Butch to teach Tunga how to swim. It's a good pool for lessons...shallow enough that he will not drown, but deep enough to take some chances!

And with that, we're off to CNY to see those I love most!

No comments:

Post a Comment