Sunday, August 23, 2015

Getting Ready for the Annual Hoops4Hope Benefit in Long Island. Another Year of Auctioning in Support of a Good Cause

We catalogued 82+ items this year (donations from restaurants, artists, businesses, authors, and athletes) for the Annual Hoops4Hope benefit on Long Island - all in support for my cousin's organization. Once again, I've been a behind-the-scenes task master of itemizing the materials, creating bid sheets, and helping where I can (albeit much more lame this year with that broken finger at al).

I was telling the others who were helping that no one knows the behind-the-scenes event more than those who are working to make it possible for guests. The goal is to make it look seamless: Mark with his networking, the manpower to put out tables and put up tents, collecting donations, being sure the food is ready, and working with the numerous supporters who act locally and globally to make it possible.

Meanwhile, Glamis spent the day with Wyatt in the backyard wrestling, playing, chasing, resting, jumping, sprinting and loving life. She was perfectly content (and had no doggies bones to contest with me).

Day two, today, will be more of the same: printing out the bid sheets, organizing the tables, and enjoying the beautiful view from the backyard of this year's host. I know I should come over to enjoy the beach and relax, but I find much more joy in doing what I can to help out.

I'm hoping the evening is a tremendous success for my cousin. He deserves all the generosity he receives. Ubuntu.

No comments:

Post a Comment