Sunday, March 8, 2015

With a Loss of an Hour, I Am Going To Simply Settle Into the Fact That I am Enjoying My Living Room

The trouble with this move, I fear, is that I may have lifted too many boxes inappropriately. Today, as I put up a new shower curtain and failed at getting the proper window rods, I decided that it was warm enough to go for a run. It was wonderful. I loved it.

When I finished, I showered, and then headed to Bridgeport for the Attallah performance of Gordan Skinner's Society Fuct. It was, as expected, incredible and I enjoy seeing everyone together in one spot.

That's when the pelvis pain began. Actually, I've had a few bouts with it throughout the day, but I thought maybe it was my imagination. But after the performance, it felt like someone kicked me in the groin. I was in so much pain and when I took a step I thought I was going to pass out. I had to sit down and drink water. I kept thinking, "Oh, no. Is this what a hernia feels like? If it is a hernia, what do I do next?"

And I'm blaming that table that is directly ahead in this picture. It is the last thing I moved and when shifting this I felt the pain. Later in the evening that pain worsened.

So, I decided to return home at nine and lay feet up on the couch. I'm technically supposed to ice it, but it's too cold to put an ice pack on my intestines. I'll freeze...but it may be worth it.

I'm hopin when I wake up, losing an hour of sleep, that the pay will have subsided and it was all in my head. I don't have time to have medical issues in my world. I absolutely hate, HATE everything to do with doctors and being laid up.

No comments:

Post a Comment