Thursday, March 5, 2015

This Too Shall Pass - Madman Emptying The Ocean With a Fork, AKA Crandall the Lunatic of Feburary/March

As of last night, one more horrific shoveling experience at Nichols Avenue on the driveway from hell, I can claim, "All my things are officially out of home A and at home B. I wanted home B because it had an attached garage but the truth is, my garage is now a chaotic mess of stored crap still needing to be brought inside.

I have hustled so much in seven days to get everything relocated and didn't pay attention to the logic or order of what went into the garage or where. The result? It will take me a while to unravel, and I am in no rush. I am still trying to stay sane within my insanity.

I've often been told I'm crazy for the pace I keep and the way I roll out my world. This, however, has been more maddening than anything I've ever attempted to accomplish before. I packed up a house, moved it, and began anew all in 7 days (meanwhile, I am working full time, overseeing grants, and trying to stay afloat of advising, meetings, and writing responsibilities.

Oh, have I mentioned that we've had three storms during this entire process and I went to Jersey to see my niece perform (a wonderful hiatus from the insanity, except the Field of View group who performed the insane asylum that has been my life this month).

Now, another storm tonight. Let's hope I can shovel the driveway and rearrange the garage to make the official move in more seamless and logical. Spring break is upon us, but there is no spring in southern Connecticut.

Yet, I have spring in my step and pep in my stride. That's the only way to be (he says, cracking up the entire way).

No comments:

Post a Comment