Thursday, March 19, 2015

Corny Beef and Cabbage Crandall - Celebrating St. Patty's A Day Late and With a Bit of Reluctance

The Ripley part of me hopes to tap the Irish-ness of my ancestry, but I must admit, I am not a tremendous fan.

Now, I love my potatoes and I am somewhat okay with the beef - I do love Sheppard's Pie, but the whole corned beef and cabbage celebration of the St. Patty's Day tradition has me a little apprehensive. Still, Pam does the Irish right with her Italian ancestry and I couldn't resist an Irish meal in Monroe last night.

Guiness. Check. Smitwicks. Check. Jameson. Check. But the food part, I'm a little cautious.

Still, last night's meal did right by me and the one tiny glass of Bailey's cream hit the spot. Yet, the famine seems to be favorable for Irish delicacy eater. I did my part, however, and endured and I'm a better man because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment