Monday, March 9, 2015

And When He Finds Buddha Frog Mats, He Knows Everything Will Be Okay. Relax and Unwind.

Take it easy. Slow down. Don't be in such a rush. Relax. You deserve a break. Breathe.

These are words I've heard my entire life when others have tried to keep my pace. And I admit, I do like to unwind and be calm at every cache I can get - the trouble is, I also like to live life to its fullest.

That's why this strained groin area has me in a tizzy. I felt awful, but then good, and then awful, and then good - I just can't sit on my arse all day long. It drives me bonkers.

So, Pam came by to add estrogen to the bachelor pad and we did Ocean State Job Lot and Christmas Tree Shop. I think we did well, but it wasn't until I found the meditating frog that I knew it was worth putting myself at risk (torn muscle? hernia?) just so I could find the amphibian door mats. I bought two. Now I am thinking I should have bought more as back up. I want these to be present whenever someone enters my house.

Then, I also learned the artistry of window dressing. What a pain to put all that up, but when it's done, it will all be worth it. The house is coming together and I'm really proud of myself for having a carb-lunch with Pam, too, at Chip's. I actually ate pancakes! Yes, and I loved every bite of them.

Now, back to the pain. What am I supposed to do if I can't go to the gym and/or run on a daily basis? That will slay me. I am believing in ice, ibuprofen, and prayers. This, too, must pass. I really want to relax and unwind, but I can't do that if I can't go for a 4 mile sprint everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the meditating frog mats from??

    ReplyDelete