Monday, March 16, 2015

I Love @NikkiIsgar, and Wish I Could Have Been in CNY to Support her Mini-Performance/Fundraiser for the Brigadiers!

My sister sent me this video of my niece from their Sunday fundraiser in Syracuse where members of the Brigadiers winter guard (destined for a successful season) performed solo, three-minute routines to entertain their parental and familial audiences. I was fortunate to see her perform with the rest of her crew a couple of weeks ago, and if I can get on top of my game, I hope to lend my support at the northeast regional next Sunday.

It is amazing to me to see her growth, dedication, commitment, and hard work as she completes her college freshmen courses and tries to find a way for herself in the world. I know that her carrying forth of the Northstar, now Brigadier, tradition has made my sister, my brother-in-law, my parents and myself proud. We love Nickerdoodles - always have and always will.

My own memories of being her age are clear, crisp, and on the radar. I think as an 'aging fart' it is rather miraculous to know that she's on the road to find out as we were at that age. We wish her the best and have nothing but pride for who she is becoming and is meant to be.

Keep up the excellence, Nikki. If nothing else, you bring tears to Papi Butch's eyes and that is worth its weight in gold. You are the golden niece of the Crandall/Isgar/Barnwell class. All love, everyday and for always.

No comments:

Post a Comment