Friday, March 20, 2015

And In the Middle of the Book of Job, An Air Brusher Comes To Town With Banners

Because the Fairfield University Stags Lacrosse Team is getting a state-of-the-art stadium (and are in position to have a tremendous season), air brush artists were on campus to make banners for free. In between meetings (and groin pain), I decided to check it all out. The dudes made me these - one for me, of course, and the other for Chitunga's room. The third, which they did by surprise, is on my door in the office. It's a caricature of me, my hair, my glasses, and my plaid shirt.

I'm hoping that today is a better day than yesterday (although I was happy to get graffiti for my wall). Let's just say work is at an all time high level of stress, I need to get on top of this moving-in injury, and the grey cloud that follows sometimes chose to hover a little to closely for my liking.

I'm an optimist, though, and expect the best.

With that noted, I already forewarned colleagues I am to meet in DC that if I can't get in to see a doctor until next week, I need to set that as a precedence over my national work. That's not my style, but I will be no good for the work to come if I don't have legs to use and a brain that isn't squirming from the sharp pangs of a potential hernia (I am not trying to think about it because it really is a gross occurrence).

I am looking up to the Great Whatever with all my might that it can rustle up the galaxy for more positive energy.

This, too, shall pass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment