Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Roads In Jersey Are Some Bull Schnozzle, But Running Into David Byrnes Made the Traffic Worth It

I took Saturday off to see my niece perform in New Brunswick and who was there to see the show? David Byrnes of Talking Heads who is putting together a concert later this year in which Nikki and the Brigadiers will be performing. Lucky for us, Cynde was in her Brigadiers shirt so his people walked up to her in the cafeteria and I asked (they looked somewhat official), "By any chance are you the David Byrnes people?"

They were and he was right behind me. I was able to get this photo of my mother and the lead singer before we reentered the gym.

Yep, same as it ever was.

I had flashbacks all day of my high school years and how much I loved his quirkiness and music. What a great opportunity to run into the icon in a high school cafeteria. Here I was taking a one-day sabbatical from unpacking and WOLA! we meet this guy! Go figure!


No comments:

Post a Comment