Tuesday, March 3, 2015

It's The Small Moments In Life That Fulfill Meaning, Purpose, And What We Contribute To The World. Yup.

Note to self: There's never a good time to move.

Another note to self: With this noted, it probably isn't best to move into a new home during the winter and with a full load of teaching responsibilities.

A third note to self: With the above said, it wasn't logical to upgrade your I-Photo library while getting ready for classes tomorrow night and right before bed and posting this blog entry.

A final note: But this is the way Crandall rolls...

...and this happened today. My colleagues and I were collaborating with all our graduate students when I noticed a pair of glasses left on the floor from the previous class. I picked them up, put them on the dry erase board, drew a head and did a thought bubble: Someone left their glasses. Mind if I borrow them?

I'm not sure if the participants in the room were amused by my doodle, but it was a slight spot in a tremendously stressful day, week, month, and life that made me laugh at myself, the pace I keep, and the way I cope with the stress.

It's these little things, I tell you. Actions like this keep me sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment