Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Tapping My Inner Buddha In Anticipation of a Spectacular Day At Joel Barlow High School #LRNG #NWP

You know you're on spring break when, SURPRISE, you're really not on spring break because you're still at work! That is the way of a Director for a National Writing Project site.
Actually, this is a wonderful job to have and there's never a dull moment.

Today, I pick up Robert Galinsky at the train station and he leads several activities with seniors from Joel Barlow and Staples High Schools in their preparation of TedX talks - part of the LRNG Innovation Challenge award we received as a CWP-Fairfield team. The events scheduled for today are from the vision of Megan Zabilansky and Kim Herzog, two up and coming English teachers stepping up their leadership and pro-student instruction.

I'm waiting to post more on the event on Thursday, but wanted to kick off this morning with a teaser. Actually, this morning I looked up at my shrine (Pam calls it that, and said I needed a particular Buddha in the crevice that is placed oddly in the strange room off the living room. And I adhered her advice and placed the guy right where she said I should. Now I have a Sudanese Cow Project, Brown School tree, post-doctorate, Rooster and Frog shrine that greets my vision whenever I look up from where I type). I am bowing to it this morning in anticipation of the day ahead.

And with that noted, I am thinking I might take Friday as a holiday, only to say that I had one day off for spring break. I'm not sure what the weather will be like, but I'm hoping it is spring-like and I can get a tan to tell everyone, "Oh, I was away for the break. Where'd you go?"

So, TedX talks, huh? I can't wait to learn more!

No comments:

Post a Comment