Monday, March 2, 2015

It's Official: Crandall Has Had It With This Winter and He's Ready For the Big Thaw Already. Seriously.

1 to 3 inches they said. A dusting.

So, I decided yesterday would be great day to bring the rest of the items from Nichols to Mt. Pleasant. I began at 10 a.m. when I returned from New Brunswick. The first four trips were successful, but the second four were a little ridiculous with the "light snow".

That. Didn't. Stop. Falling. All Day.

I shoveled once. I shoveled twice. I shoveled a third time (all at the new home - forget the old one). And I accomplished my goal of getting everything but a few things out from location one and into location two (the garage).

And it continued to snow. But I was determined to accomplished my goals and I did. Then, I settled around 10 p.m. to drink a beer when the phone rings. Chitunga missed the train stop and needed a ride from Milford. So, out I go again in the 10 m.p.h. traffic to get the kid, bring him to his car at the Stratford train station (which was buried in snow and he couldn't get it out).

Home again. Get the shovel. Shovel the driveway to get out of the driveway, and back to the train station to rescue his geriatric Nellie. Success.

And then I could settle.

I think there must be 8 inches that fell today and now I'm wondering how tomorrow will go. It is still snowing.

I've decided that the weather people are tired of the drama, too, so they downplayed this storm.

Um, they missed the accuracy on this one (and looking at the forecast, more snow on Tuesday and Thursday? Seriously?).

I've had it. Connecticut's had it. We give in. Bring on the daffodils and rain showers. Enough with the ice and white stuff. It's official. I'm done with it. It's no longer beautiful. It's a pain in the A$$!

No comments:

Post a Comment