Tuesday, February 24, 2015

When You Stop By The Office For Only a Few Short Minutes and You're Greeted with a New Set of Lips For Fun

I had only a couple of seconds to run between scoring portfolios at Joel Barlow High School and running upstairs to teach my Monday night graduate course for student teachers. When I entered the GSEAP office, however, I was handed a small package from Deana to say, "When I was in South Carolina last week, I was thinking of you."

Wax lips. Shhhhh. A devise for teaching phonemics and lips sounds. I can't go wrong with that.

Such tomfoolery is needed in the hustle and bustle of frantic times. Of course, Pam was right beside me to ham it up and to take a quick selfie. Somehow, I think the red lips look much better on her. I look like Ronald McDonald, whereas she looks like a Hollywood House Wife!

Seriously, it's gestures like these that keep me going and in love with the work I do. I only wish I could get the lips to move so I'd have opportunity to employ them with my nightly instruction.

And with temperatures like this, the warm gesture of a gift is greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment