Friday, February 6, 2015

And As I Sat In My Office, I Took Comfort In the Fact That I Have Autographed Missy Elliot Sneakers

On Super Bowl Sunday earlier this week, I was thrilled to see Missy Elliot resurrected during Katy Perry's performance and the most viewed television show in America's history. Whereas this week was a frantic recovery of last week's snow-mageddon (and my yearly dossier) I spent a lot of time getting my own act together.

Several years ago, I purchased a pair of autographed Adidas from the rapper while at my cousin's benefit in Amagansett for Hoops4Hope. I've had these sneakers as a prized possession in three states: Kentucky, New York, and now Connecticut. On days when I'm in the need of the most karma, I wear the sneakers around my neck like a scarf.

I shot this office photo on Thursday before heading to the MLK Convocation at Fairfield University. I noticed this morning that behind me sit the Missy Elliot kicks.

In feat I am balding and that my hair is thinning - ah, comedy and aging - I used my selfie-reflection to make sure my hair was presentable for the ceremony.

The result is a reality check that my whims and fancies are par for the course and even though I'm not a staunch NFL fan, I have a direct line to this year's Super Bowl festivities. Now, I should locate my Elliot CDs and have a musical fest in my Hulk-mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment