Thursday, February 26, 2015

And We Are In! Closed, Packed, Got a Truck, Moved, Unpacked, and Slept On the Floor. But We're In!

As of 2 p.m. yesterday (well, 3 p.m. when I got the official notice to enter the house), I am now a homeowner in one of the most expensive states in the Union. It is the home I originally wanted, but because the sellers didn't have permits, they had to take it off the market. BUT, when they put it back on the market, they called me and invited me back in.

A totally flipped house: new floors, new windows, new cabinets, new showers, new garage, new driveway - and I believe I made out like a bandit! It's the same price as my monthly rent.

Needless to say, yesterday was a hustle of moving things down the icy hill of Nichols Avenue and down to the icy, unplowed driveway of Mt. Pleasant. Chitunga put in 3 hours, but had to go to Starbucks to study. I'm forever grateful to Leo for helping me out. At 10, Chitunga returned and said, "What are we supposed to do without wireless service?"

He was totally lost. So, he tossed a tennis ball against the ceiling.

Either way, I'm now getting to today's post. Why am I laughing? We got the home we wanted.

In his words as he looked around last night, "Extraordinary."

Yup. And now I have to get to work. The cable guy just finished installing everything.

1 comment: