Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Just When I Thought I Was a Total Schlep At Everything in Life, I Remembered I Am Able To Breathe. Exhale.

I am writing this post before I go to bed and scheduling it to show up in the morning. It's almost 10 p.m. and I haven't eaten dinner yet. Shoveled the driveway, de-iced, taught a long overdue graduate class, collaborated with Chitunga to make the gym a possibility, and began to think ahead to the meetings and classes for today.

This, of course, is juggled with a financial triangle that has to happen. It has to happen (and I'm thankful to my parental units for doing their stupendous part amidst their first big snow event of the season - but at least they got Panera's out of it).

I used to tease my high school students who came to me with angst and fears, proclaiming they weren't good at anything. I asked them to take a deep breath and to exhale, reminding them that even if they felt like they were failures, they were still alive and so they were obviously really good at breathing.

And I so I'm taking a breath myself today, so I can keep the comedy and tragedy in check. Everything evolves at exactly the right time and I truly am holding on to enjoy the journey.

So much so, that tonight, after I put this forth online for tomorrow, I will settle into a hot bowl of chili which I had the foresight to make last night when getting ready for the week. Now if only someone would put away all my laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment