Friday, February 27, 2015

There's No Camouflaging an Optimum Truck in Stratford, I Tell You. These Guys Use Caution. Alert.

When the Cable Guy showed up yesterday, I said, "Well, there's a shade of green that is uglier than mine." The new Optimum trucks deserve to be seen.

I guess I know I'm a geek when I learned of the closing and within seconds, I made sure the cable guys could hook up Wi-Fi as soon as we arrived. We had to go 18 hours without it, but they didn't fail me and had it up and running by noon.

I laughed, however, when I looked outside my window and saw the guy putting the orange cones in front and in back o this vehicle. I had to run outside to get a photograph because it cracked me up. I'm sure no one would see his van if he didn't use the orange cones.

Then, the greatest thing happened when all was good and dandy with the Wi-Fi. All my devices and all of Chitunga's devices began chiming as 18 hours of missed messages, emails, texts, and phone-calls arrived. Two IPads, two laptops and two IPhones made the inside of my house sound like an ice-cream truck ding-a-ling convention. Well, at one point I thought it sounded like church, too. It was beautiful.

Day two at Mount Pleasant and at midnight last night, we finished Chitunga's room. We also got two queen box-springs upstairs, and we did this - honest-to-god - by the hairs of our chin. It was the tightest squeeze but we manage to have success with only a slight paint touch-up needed down the road.

Ah, but today is a day away from home until this evening. Our goal is to get all big stuff positioned inside by day's end. Ha! That will be hilarious to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment