Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Keeping It Simple Today. Yesterday Was Legend-ary. What an Unbelievable Experience. #LRNG

Megan Zabilansky, Joel Barlow High School & John Legend
#LRNG 2014
It's almost 1 a.m. and I just got off the train from NYC. Yes, the big secret can now be let out of the bag!

CWP-Fairfield was asked to represent the LRNG Innovation Award recipients at an event with John Legend and several others who have invested in innovating teaching and connected learning.  The National Writing Project contacted me a while ago and asked if I would be willing to provide a teacher to speak at the event - someone young and hip.

I chose Megan Zabilansky and she was phenomenal.

I am kicking myself, however, as my phone ran out of memory halfway through her speech. I have to wait for the professional tapes now. She was stunning and brilliant, and I missed getting it all on my phone. UGH.

I did, though, get part of John Legend's performance (and soon will upload a whole bunch of photographs to Facebook). The evening was an amazing, once in a life time opportunity and now I have to go to bed to wake up tomorrow and return to life as if NYC at The Standard didn't occur. It's a simple day, really: three meetings, a SKYPE interview, and a conference call. No problem.

Back to work. And HERE'S JOHN LEGEND (well, some of him).


No comments:

Post a Comment