Sunday, February 15, 2015

And the Day After, A Kind Gesture, Videos From the Nephews, A Shoveled Driveway, And Lots of Love

After I shoveled the driveway, Chitunga texted to say he'd be home in ten minutes...to be ready to move my car, so he could get Nellie in the garage. When he pulled in, he got out with a box of chocolates and flowers. I asked, "Who are they for?" and he replied, "They're for Pam." He also got a card to go with the treats and roses. He said, "Today's Valentine's Day. We should go pay her a visit."

I was hunkered in my SU attire hoping for a win over Duke. I was settled in and anticipated a couple of books and a few glasses of wine. "You want to go to Monroe?"

His idea was a good idea and despite Pam arguing we shouldn't be out in the weather (it was mild to say the least), we drove 20 miles to give her a V-Day surprise. She was grateful and after watching the game, we watched an episode of Dateline where the sociopath who killed his wife pissed us all off - Happy Valentine's Day murder. Then, when Chitunga and I returned home and Pam sent us a text that thanked us for stopping by. He replied, "Anything to let you know that we care. We are home." Sweet, right? Caring.

Chitunga's gift really was a selfless act of love and kindness, sort of the like roses my niece dropped off at my mom's. I'm sure they are gestures they''ll never forget.

In the meantime, too, Casey sent me a series of videos that were made by my nephews. I'm guessing they were quite sugared up and, as a result, became her entertainment for the evening while Dave slept to prepare for late night plowing. I deleted the Valentine's 'squirrels and nuts song' sung by Jacob, but I managed to salvage the one below. 

Syracuse lost, but I have to say that last night was a winner for the way it evolved into what it was. There is nothing like spur-of-the-moment joy and happiness. The love was easily felt.


No comments:

Post a Comment