Saturday, February 7, 2015

Well, Butch, The Day of You Was Yesterday and I Attempted to Join You For a Friday Fish Fry, But...Typical Crandall

You don't need cataract surgery, Dad. We bought you corrective lenses at Christmas and even if you look like Cee-Lo meets Elton John, they should do the job, no?

And I wish I was with you for the Friday fish fry, but I am in Connecticut, trying to settle in a new home, and five hours away. With that said, I did order a fish fry and came home to eat about the same time I knew you would be eating.

I came home and unpacked the purchased goods and realized they screwed up the order. I called and they told me I had to go back to trade in the order. Back in the car, I returned and switched my two-fish supply with the family meal I ordered for Chitunga and me for the week.

I did eat in your honor, but my stomach hurts because I'm not used to the greasiness of a good ol' fish fry. But it was delicious and it was in your honor.

And I'm sorry that the Syracuse basketball news had to arrive on your special day. What a bummer for Syracuse fans to learn of their infractions have caused trouble in Boeheim land. It is a tremendous buzz kill for all Central New Yorkers.

Ah, but the 6th was your day. It's now the 7th and I hope your time with family (and a few beers) made the day extra special. I love you and your card (the one I'm guessing will arrive Monday because of the weather struggles in Connecticut this week) is a small contribution to partially enjoy yourself in hopes the spring thaw will come sooner, rather than later.


No comments:

Post a Comment