Saturday, February 21, 2015

When It's This Cold, Pam Goes Through Old Conversations To Remind Me of My Ignorance. I Can Be Foolish At Times.

This is a throw-back to last year, a conversation between Pam and me.

Pam: I'm trying to set up a meeting with St. Marten de Porres. Can you do April 5th?

Bryan:  Yes.  It's Easter, though, no?

Pam:  Easter is always on a Sunday, not on a weekday.  It’s the day when Jesus steps out of the tomb and if he sees his shadow we have 6 more weeks of winter……… 

Bryan:  Amen. I can't wait to celebrate this holiday. It seems in line with how my mind works.   Does he deliver Cadbury Eggs?

Pam: Let me explain Easter in a way only you can understand….First the Messiah lays the Cadbury eggs and clucks like a chicken, then he sends out the Wise Men to deliver them to all the children who have been good.  The wise men slip down the chimney of the good boys and girls houses and leave the Cadbury eggs inside their shoes.  Then they pull out a couple of teeth out of the children’s mouths and leave them a nickel for each one and deposit the teeth in a bag which they then leave for a leprechaun at the end of the rainbow.  The leprechaun trades the teeth of the children for a bit of the hair of the dog that bit him the day before and they all live happily ever after.

Bryan: Is that related to the workshop I'm supposed to give? You want to give it to them on Easter.

And that's the way the dialogue went. I am thinking with Pam on this one because it's cold and the only thing either of us can do is reminisce. I'm still confused, however, because I thought this was Ground Hogs day and I believe, this year, we will have many more weeks of winter. I do see, however, that Cadbury Eggs are in the store. Easter is in April, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment