Tuesday, September 1, 2015

So Interesting What a Year Can Bring, Especially with Markers in Time That We Never Knew Would Be a Marker

Last summer, when my co-director Julie Roneson moved into a new condominium, she asked me if I could build her book shelves. At the time, I rustled up Chitunga - who wasn't living with me yet because his trajectory was on a different path. We went to her home for the adventure. Within a couple of hours, we built her book unit and also put together Eva's bed (pictured on the right...Eva, not the bed).

Yesterday, I stopped at Julie's after having my finger readjusted again. I now have straps (which the doctor put on wrong fingers at first. He finished and I asked, "So are these to keep me from using my usable fingers?" He asked, "What do you mean?" I told him, "Those are my good fingers." He said, "Sorry. It's been one of those days). On my way home, I dropped off writer's notebooks for Julie - she's teaching the EN 411 class I've taught for the last four years - and checked in on her back-to-school semester.

When I saw the book shelves I wondered, "Did Tunga and I do this before he moved in?" It turns out, "No." We did them before he learned he wouldn't be going to Thomas and he'd reposition his life in Stratford and Housatonic.

Fast forward. A year: a move, a hernia, a broken finger. Ai Ai Ai. So much, so quick, but it's all wonderful.

And it's Tuesday. The heat is still upon us in September and I have a lot to accomplish so here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment