Sunday, September 27, 2015

And They Won, 3-2, Over The Chicago White Sox. My First Game At Yankee Stadium.

A one and a half hour train ride directly to Yankee Stadium in the Bronx and the same on the way back. A two minute walk from the station to our seats on the third base line (given to Pam from a liquor distributor in Monroe), and a once-in-a-lifetime experience of seeing the Yankees on their home turf.

As a kid, I probably dreamed of getting a chance to be in the stands, and for a short period, I'm sure I collected baseball cards. I did my little league romp and fell in love with the Wiffle Ball tournaments in my yard. As an adult, though, the game of baseball was too slow and took too much time to watch. I watch the World Series, and tend to view more Little League games than major league ones. Still, the chance to see how the big guns play was a wonderful experience (especially in light of #8, Yogi Berra's death this week).

So, I can add a Yankees game to the things to do when people come visit me. It's convenient and easy and definitely worth the investment for a daylong trip. Ah, but it's Sunday and back to writing I must go.

But before I do, let me share a little funny. The dude next to us was trashed...I mean, slurrrrring trashed. For every batter that took the plate he had some sort of remark. At one point, he was screaming, "That batter ain't got 'snothing. He ain't 'snothing." I looked at Pam and asked, "Is that Stove-Top Snothing?"

Everyone around us busted out laughing and I said, "Man, did I say that out loud?"

No comments:

Post a Comment