Monday, September 28, 2015

Red Moon Over Connecticut, 10 p.m. and a Throwback to 1982. I Was a Ten Year Old In Clay Getting Ready for 4th Grade

The last time the moon was tinted with this color of Cabernet Red was when I was drinking Kool-Aid, and didn't even know that wine existed. I spent the majority of yesterday running, writing, cleaning and even Fall harvesting in anticipation that the moon, predicted to be spectacular in its autumn hue, would shine in the September sky as it did.

There's something about the anticipation of a M-F workweek that gets the body in overcharge to prep the house in organization, cleaning, and tidying...there's no chilling out to enjoy football, television, or even a good book. "Nope, there's work to be done," the ants say to the grasshopper.

Still, I did make a short stint to Monroe for an Applefest and a few drinks at Pam's house. I was fed kielbasa and perogies, which in the tradition of my childhood did not settle well in my stomach. I was thinking about laundry, and paperwork, planning, and composing.

Even so, Glamis and I went for a long walk and even if I did try to get her to pose with the vast moon in the background, my photography failed. All I got was gray smudges of canine fur and blue-ish gray sky. The moon was about as photogenic as the dog. So, I went online and found a blood-red photo of the moon from 1982, the last time she peaked with such coloring and vibrant light.

It really is beautiful - total evidence of something larger than us all. And I went to bed knowing that the cool temperatures make for the greatest sleep.

Here's to Monday: as grumpy and miserable as they can be. It will be Friday soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment