Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Well, Louisville. It Always Hurts To Leave You. You Are Looking Really Good and, As Always, You've Been Too Good To Me

I'm sitting on Sue and Dave's porch - a nice nook nestled in the woods of Clifton and with the art and craft of Sue's good eye. There is the freshness of Kentucky air, but also the colors of her choices to decorate their tree house.

I'm heading home this morning...yes, another home...and I know that Syracuse and Louisville are really where my heart resides. I love those locations because they've been the foundation of the man I've become....graying, aging, still manic, still ADHD, and always learning.

So, I decided I'm going to say goodbye in this morning's post.

Goodbye Ohio River and 546 Main Street.
Goodbye WLKY and 2nd Street Bridge.
Goodbye Rover and Vietnam Kitchen, Heine Brothers and Nancy's bagels.
Goodbye weirdness and bourbon, horses and theaters.
Goodbye sunshine and acorns, mosquitos and shotguns.
Goodbye Knobs, Bobs, Dittos and walks.
Goodbye laughter and memories, youth and discovery.
Goodbye Kentucky poetry and projects, writing history and teaching serenity,
Goodbye Brown School and students, JCPS and change.

Just Goodbye. Such a wonderful, wonderful city. I will miss you until I return again.

No comments:

Post a Comment