Friday, September 4, 2015

My Yearly Confession: I Watch BIG BROTHER On CBS and I Am Proud of This Addiction (Pathetic?)

My little sister got me addicted a few seasons ago. I seldom watch TV, but for the news, basketball, and the Olympics. I had a bout with The Apprentice when I was a classroom teacher - I loved that people were fired for a reason and there were consequences for actions. Now, I'm addicted to Big Brother, and it follows a similar pattern. I like shows that have game play, skill, chance, and results.

Such shows are a metaphor for living. It's a dog-eat-dog world and only the cleverest survive.

This season, the players made it to the end and not the brawn. It's been interesting to see the twists and turns, especially with Vanessa and how she had manipulated the game. Alas, the veto competition through her a loop on Wednesday which created a new plot for Thursday's episode (which aired last night).

Yep, I shut down my world to gawk at the boob-tube when Big Brother comes on. As Kelly Chandler Olcott said to my sister, Casey, last year, "Really? Crandall watches that?"

I do. And I feel I am a better man because of it. Besides, Scandal and Empire don't come back on until later in September. I devour those shows, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment