Saturday, September 12, 2015

Then There's the Vengeance Factor. How Dare You Do a Keynote @KentuckyWP and Leave Me In Connecticut?

Dear Bryan,

This is Glamis Marie Snickerdoodle Castle...aka Lady MacBeth. I know you love me and support me, but I need you to know that I'm punishing you for leaving me at home with Chitunga for the week. It's not fair that you travel and I do not. As a result, I tore off the leg of Chitunga's one and only stuffed animal.

I need you to know that I'm in charge.

Even so, I wish you the best at this morning's Kentucky Writing Project conference and I hope that you have fun with your bluegrass memories, hopes, dreams, and well wishes. Does it feel good to be back in the State? I bet it does.

I promise that this one defiant act is all there will be. I won't eat your remote control, dining room table, sneakers, or rugs. Just the leg of Tunga's teddy bear. I knew that would sting hard and prove my point.

And I know you went for an hour walk at the dog park with Sue and Ditto yesterday. We dogs have a way of finding those things out. You don't take me on those long walks so I'm curious what he does that I don't.

When you return, I will lick your face. If I do it correctly, I will leave some of the stuffing from the bear on your cheek just to rub it in again that I own you. You don't own me.

Sincerely,

Glamis Marie Snickerdoodle Castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment