Sunday, September 20, 2015

Doggie Visitations...A Reunion With Glamis's Fostering Family and the Base of Her Survival Until She Came To Us

Meghan was in my EN 11 course my first year at Fairfield University. She was on the varsity swim team and, as a nursing major, an all-around awesome human being. She and several of her classmates bonded in that class and worked together throughout their four years as undergraduates.

They graduated this spring.

In June, Meghan posted a photo of a puppy on Facebook and said, "My family and I are fostering our first dog. She needs a home and I hope you think she's as cute as we do."

I saw the photograph and said, "She's the one." I asked a million questions, contacted the adoptions agency, arranged to have her secretly delivered to our home for Chitunga, and asked her if they would be willing to hold Glamis until August 1st. They did.

When we did the exchange that day, I have no idea how Meghan kept from crying. She was studying for her nursing boards, transitioning from a post-college life, and applying for jobs around the northeast. Gleams was a great distraction.

Well, the good news is that Meghan passed her boards and got a job...in New Have at Yale hospital. She'll be moving this way from Philly, and she traveled through Stratford with her mom yesterday. They stopped to see Glamis and the tears arrived. They weren't from Meghan, but from her mom (who grew attached to the puppy while they were fostering her). I now know, too, why Glamis licks the ears. Meghan's mom always turns her head when Glamis gives kisses and so licking ears is how the dog shows love!

It was great seeing the two of them with Glamis in my home and to feel the instant connection Glamis had when seeing them. She remembered. She knew. And for them she played. They had her at 12 weeks, so they've really seen how much she's grown.

I am feeling like it is a win/win/win situation....the dog, the Weisers, and Mt. Pleasant. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment