Monday, September 7, 2015

Driving Around Southern Connecticut, I Calm Down With My Knew Love of Ice-Breaker Mint Candies

I gave up gum a long time ago. It messes with my teeth, gets stuck, and even causes toothaches. As a result, I've discovered various mint Ice Breakers, and this last week they released Ice Breaker Sours. Um, yum. Nothing like distracting the Connecticut traffic with some flavorful mouth refreshers. I pop them like they're oxygen.

And I need to monitor my intake. They go in way too easy.

The addiction began when the twins were in town and we were driving to Young Adult Literacy Labs. Since then, the sour suckers have come into existence and I can't wait to get in my car so that I can pop a couple in my mouth.

Addict? Perhaps. It's not a sugar drink nor is it Hubba Bubba. It simply is a tongue-teasing event that makes me smile and that calms my nerves as I'm stuck in the crazy traffic that intoxicates all of us who drive in this state.

I almost passed them up at Big Y yesterday, but the thought of being in the Green Goblin without them made me a little nervous. I love the spearmint, and now the mixed berry and strawberry. If you haven't tried them, you should. You'll totally understand what I mean.

They are a panacea for stress (and driving). So, I've stocked up for sitting in the parking lot that is I-95.

No comments:

Post a Comment