Friday, September 18, 2015

Snuck Into My Office. Here's the Truth...Sabbatical From GSEAP But Definitely Not @CWPFairfield. Much To Do

I love my new hat. It's Copper & Kings logo on the bluegrass state of Kentucky. I wore it to my office yesterday and while there, snapped a photo. It looks good with the Hoops4Africa t-shirt, too. Seems to be one united world in my attire...the writing life based off the hundreds of kids I taught in Kentucky and the Africa-life that continues to be delivered to me (although I've never been there).

Ah, but the NWP life. Tis the season of reporting, planning, speculating, mapping, organizing, analyzing, and composing reports. There is no escape from that. And there's no escape from emails about next semester. That is coming in stereo, too. The CWP life is the one I crave and if it will benefit protecting our little entity at Fairfield University, then that is what I will do.

Of course, this means ubiquitous grant writing, networking, presenting, and collaborating - work that transcends the research and teaching world of which I'm also responsible.

So, I took a walk last night because I could. I listened to Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me and returned to a salad. The dog got more updated shots ($$$) and I stopped to get Urine-B-Gone for an accident she had on Chitunga's carpet while I was away....the odor-king-kid cannot live with piss smell in his room...that's for sure. I picked up a couple of toys, too, as they were 50% off.

The weather man predicts two more summer-like days and then it transitions to Fall. I guess this may be why it's hard for me to sit still and indoors. I want to embrace the heat while we have it. Of course, working in my office doesn't equate to playing, but I got my fresh air.

Watched the Louisville/Clemson game.

I'm looking at the t-shirt above and wondering if I could make a literacy4life t-shirt in the shape of Connecticut. That might be cool - and now I have a new distraction.

TGIF.

No comments:

Post a Comment