Thursday, September 3, 2015

Rawhides, the Pacifiers of the Canine Puppy World (and For Men Like Myself Who Are Trying to Get Work Done)

Glamis Rose Marie Snickerdoodle Castle is a great dog. I can't complain...

or can I?

She loves to be close by...like in my lap...like on my keyboard...like inside my ears and on my nose. If I'm in the room and the vacuum cleaner is nowhere in sight, she will grab whatever ball, sock or toy she can find and rustle it up to my lips.

That, I believe, makes working impossible.

So, I invested in rawhides to keep her distracted. Now I know why the parents of toddlers put their kids in front of Sesame Street...or put a binkie in their mouths...or drop them off at the grandparents. There's nothing getting done when a needy child is in the area.

That is, until the rawhide interest subsides and my earlobes and nostrils are of greater interest.

We're going to test out today. I need to do a massive amount of writing and I want to accomplish this on Mt. Pleasant. If she makes it impossible, it's off to a library or Panera's I go.

Chew chew chew so I can do do do.

No comments:

Post a Comment