Thursday, September 24, 2015

Apple Picking on Rodeo Drive...Well, in Easton at Silverman's. You'd Think I Was Buying Diamonds or Something

Forty Bucks. Four tiny bags of apples in Easton, Connecticut, costs $40. I suppose the Mercedes, Beemers, Volvos, and Audis have something to do with the price tag, but I spent yesterday afternoon yesterday purchasing tiny bags of apples for two twenties.

The kids who greeted us on the tractors claimed the cost of the bags was because we got the luxurious treatment to three-wheel farm wagons, but I think the price tag had something to do with where we were in Fairfield County.

Yes, the scenery looked like my favorite apple picking places in Mexico, New York, and sure the crowds were just as abundant. The kids were equally as excited and the experience was fun and totally Fall, but the dollar signs on them apples were a little bit much.

Ah, Connecticut. You never cease to amaze me.

And note: I'm holding the empty bag with my injured hand and I received clearance today from the pinky doctor that all is healing well. I was told I could go to physical therapy, but with a wink, I was given exercises I needed to do to stretch out the tendons so I don't have to pay $30 co-pays every time I visit. I figure, with that kind of savings, I might as well spend $40 on apples.

Chitunga (on his first apple-picking outing) said, "We have enough apples for two months." We shall see (and he also admitted it was more fun than he anticipated it to be. We had the presence of Diva Attallah Sheppard, too, so all was well. I'm sending a bag home with her to her mom. Besides, we now had snacks to clean our teeth while watching the season premiere of Empire. Ha! In one swoop I hit two of my ten reasons while I love this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment