Monday, May 25, 2015

One of the Things I Miss Most From Being Five Hours Away, Is Quality Weekend Time With My Family

Mike Isgar, aka "Make A Blog Post About Me"
This was sent from my brother-in-law Mike from a family gathering this weekend in celebration of Memorial Day. The four years I was in Syracuse doing the doctorate were special bonding times with the Isgars, Crandalls, and Barnwells, including the down time we had in this or that backyard simply being a crew of bonded folks - our bloodlines intermingled.

A three-day weekend means that at least one of the days can be spend putzing about the yard, fiddling with this or than project, and gathering for BBQ and summer salads.

I miss such occasions in my abode in Connecticut and wish that they were nearby so I, too, could make quality faces while sitting in lawn chairs catching up.

This face, however, is one for the record books and it simply cracks me up (and everyone should be proud that I didn't post the ones Mike sent me of mom, which also made me laugh and miss home).

I will be entertaining some of the crew in a few weeks when they travel south for Contemporary Colors and Nikki's performance in Brooklyn with the Brigadiers. I look forward to the experience and it cannot come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment