Saturday, May 23, 2015

And Last Night I Made a Ginger Beer Cocktail and Said, Bring On The Three Day Weekend. I Needed A Break

In February, when Megan Zabilansky and I did the LRNG event in NYC, they served an interesting Ginger Beer concoction with vodka. Since then, Pam has also mastered the drink and so last night, post the Writing Our Lives: Digital Ubuntu - We, Too, Are Connecticut conference, I came home to see if I, too, could make the cocktail.

I was successful. Cheers.

Now I am thinking about the next steps of my summer: Young Adult Literacy Labs, the Invitational Summer Institute, and LSU Young Adult Literature Conference. I am also hoping to make the second year of Ubuntu Academy possible. This, I believe, requires the occasional
moment away from the planning, organizing, collecting, and managing to enjoy a good drink.

But really, I just wanted to say, "Cheers," last night as I reflected upon the inspirational, wonderful, and total success of six high schools coming together to share their digital writing. They were definitely here and they were phenomenal. I will be riding cloud nine for some time.

This morning, however, my goal is that I will be able to sleep in. That's the intention anyway. I might even make it to 7 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment