Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Because Yellow Really Knows Me, Stripe Welcomes More Toys To His Home @_silvergal

I'm not there yet, but I'm almost there.

Cleaning, that is. Chasing the dust bunnies from the semester. Putting away a month or two of laundry. Thinking about my lawn.

When I surveyed my house last night, I snapped this photograph of my housewarming gift from Yellow, herself. Kathy Silver has quickly become VIP in my Connecticut world and, with Hopes For the Flowers, we find energy in similar nectar. Namely, we look for optimism in students, in their stories, within communities that too often get overlooked, and from the small things in life.

If you look close enough, you can see that Ooga, the caveman, is hunting Wallop, the Gorgon Beast Kathy positioned the toys perfectly in the cactus plants she brought me (and didn't even know I have a vast toy collection myself). Does she know me or does she know me?

I haven't had a chance to officially thank her for this special gift and so I thought I'd take this morning to do so. Those of us who work in public schools know the importance of nurturing one another's souls - the work is always difficult, but it is made easier with critical friendships, positive energy, a person to kvetch with, and dreamers - this is who she has been for me in my small, small world.
She's been the huge presence of everything Yellow and I am very thankful for this.

And with that, I wish her and all my readers a fantastic middle of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment