Sunday, May 24, 2015

Give Me Sticks. Me Make Fire. Me Cave Man And It Was A Saturday Night In May. Burn, Baby, Burn.

First fire of the season. Leo called me over for some beers, and his son Kai joined us. Soon after, Chitunga arrived and we kept the flames going until it was too cold to sit outside any longer (and it did get cold - we all wanted to curl up in the pit).

I don't know what it is about fire, but all I need is to smell the smoke and I'm ready to put my feet up and unwind.

It is different in Connecticut, though. The winds change direction quite often and so you have to move chairs to avoid having flames thrown your my face.

I think it is because it's a 3 day weekend...something needed to be childish about this Saturday night and so it was easy to make the excuse to take a night off: no reading, no writing, no planning, and barely any thinking.

Chitunga says, "We need one of these for our backyard," and I responded, "I'd never get anything done."

And of course I now want a wood burning stove for the winter months. It reminds me of living on Eastman in Cicero.

No comments:

Post a Comment