Friday, May 15, 2015

Mr. Bargain Man Lands a New Sport Coat For $6 and Debuts It At The GSEAP Awards Ceremony. Give Me Another Coupon

My mom will say I look like a nerd. Erica will say the jacket is four sizes too big. I will say that I am aiming for the look of a Kentucky Derby Dork. In the end, I think I win.

No. The bowtie does not match, but I didn't have anything close. I did, however, pick up this sport coat on a clearance rack at the end of last season and although it was marked at $195, I got it for $6 bucks. That's the way I roll. My shamrocks socks, I will admit, did not match.

We have entered award ceremonies at Fairfield University and I haven't done laundry in a month. Packing to leave this morning before dropping Attallah off at work, I remembered my bargain jacket and said to myself, "Well, this will work. I've wanted to wear this for a year...even if it is a little big."

and I wore it. I lost the hat and shades, but I was definitely ready to see Brynn Mandell receive the award for Educational Studies and Teacher Preparation. A Syracuse Grad, Brynn came to teaching from years as a journalist and is one of the most remarkable graduate students I've yet to work with.

I do feel, however, I am in need of a mint Julep and a Barnstable party. Another weekend of celebrations and then we can say that the 2014-2015 school year is over. I have to sigh a bit, though, because my first crew of freshmen at Fairfield University are crossing the stage this year. I am very much looking forward to seeing their proud moment.

They've worked hard (as have we all).

No comments:

Post a Comment