Friday, May 29, 2015

In Those Rare Moments of Thunderstorms, Traffic, Unanswered Emails, And Agendas, A Day Worth Remembering

Yesterday, Attallah and I were asked to be on NWP Radio with Kwame Alexander, Donna Delbasso and Nicole Brown. We discussed our yearlong efforts with Hill Central Academy and basically had an auditory love fest for the work.

When we returned home, however, I realized that Attallah's head scarf matched a tie I own and that this color coordinated with the Writing Our Lives Hill Central stickers and WOL-Syracuse t-shirts. So, I had to lump them in one space...the CWP work, Attallah, and Chitunga who was also home when we returned from the recording.

Missing, of course, are Abu and Lossine (but they Facetimed in ...yes, that is a verb now), and they were here, too. It would have been nice to have Marcelle Haddix with us, as well as Kwame, just for the after party of chicken and corn-on-the-cob.

Seriously, I'm so proud of this little niche of the universe created in southern Connecticut and that the Great Whatever chiseled his or her power into this compacted network and family. It's Friday (TG) and I'm getting ready for a week-long initiative in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. But, for now, I'm simply happy by the tight unit created at 332. Mt. Pleasant.

Words. Stories. Narratives. Histories. Culture. And Connections.

This is what unites the life we live and I'd have it no other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment